programme

Internship

Home/ Internship
Course TypeCourse CodeNo. Of Credits
Foundation CoreSES2023032

Semester and Year Offered:Summer (Registration in Monsoon)

Course Coordinator and Team:Sunita Singh,Monimalika Day

Email of course coordinator:sunitasingh@aud.ac.in

Pre-requisites: none

Course Objectives/Description:

The major objective of field attachment is to help students make sense of and reflect on different field experiences in relation to theoretical concepts and principles presented in class. Field attachment is offered across the first three Semesters of the programme. This field attachment will focus on enabling students to understand and work with children with disabilities.

Course Outcomes:

On successful completion of this course students will be able to:

  1. Develop nuanced understanding of pedagogical practices and programme structures in schools and other sites.
  2. Know about children's thinking and learning processes, and their relationships.
  3. Refine skills of inter personal interactions with young children.
  4. Critically reflect upon the field experiences and link them with theoretical constructs.

 

Brief description of modules/ Main modules:

Internship for MA Education (ECCE students) have been designed to deepen students’ engagement with education as praxis and to develop professionals who understand the interrelationship between the theory and practice in the ‘field’ which includes development sector, state functionaries, centrally sponsored schemes and initiatives among others. During this field attachment, student will be placed at a field site for three weeks. This prolonged engagement will enable students to gain an “insider-outsider” perspective to the field and critically engage with questions around equity, quality and social justice related to learning and development of young children.

Reading List:

Will be provided by the faculty for orientation and debriefing sessions.

Assessment Details with Weighs:

  1. Assignment 1: Observation (40%)& Reflective Journal (20%): total weightage 60%
  2. Assignment 2: Group Presentation (40%)